To provide meaningful questions to reconnect, step back and open new perspectives in the complex world around us. We want these questions to help you in your own coaching with your colleagues and even with your peers
This Month Coaching Question
What would make a lasting difference and not a temporary one?
2024 is just around the corner and it’s time to review the year 2023. What worked? What actions and strategies should we adopt for the coming year? How can we implement solutions that guarantee a positive impact over the long term, not just temporarily?
Prioritizing energy and impact over time.
In a world filled with tasks, how can you manage your energy, not just your time? On your self-coaching journey, uncover enduring solutions to conquer challenges and conserve your energy.
To make a lasting difference in our actions, we need to be able to put in place practices and tools that enable us to evaluate what will be truly significant. Effective prioritization allows us to achieve real impact, reducing urgency and stress.
What fosters enduring impact at The Co-Leadership Group?
At The Co-Leadership Group, we practice weekly check-ins and monthly check-outs.
Weekly check-in: Every Monday morning, we align our goals, prioritize what truly matters for the upcoming week and month, and, most importantly, evaluate actions that drive the greatest customer value and company growth. What’s essential? Who requires support?
Consequently, we’ve optimized our project management, implemented purpose-driven planning systems, enhanced efficiency, and effectively harnessed our strengths to make a substantial impact, all while enjoying the process!
Monthly check-out: At the end of each month, we discuss together: what went well, what we’re proud of, what we can improve next time and what we’ve learned this month. This allows us to understand our sources of motivation and to continually learn together.
Do you have a team under your responsibility?
Explore these strategies to foster lasting change, driving synergy, motivation, and team success:
- Encourage each member of your team to explore their core values, strengths, and intrinsic motivations, and chart a course for their 2024 contributions.
- IIdentify specific areas or issues where your efforts will have the most lasting impact on group dynamics.
- How can I appreciate and leverage on everyone’s uniqueness?
- How can I communicate my vision?
- What strategies can I use to motivate my team?
- Foster open communication by encouraging team members to trust each other and build on each other’s strengths.
- Set ambitious but achievable goals that will propel the team forward.
- Establish a trustworthy atmosphere, enabling every team member to fully leverage their strengths, collaborating to discover enduring, not fleeting solutions.
- And finally, review your most important strengths yourself (e.g. from your Gallup CliftonStrengths 34® or your CliftonStrengths® for Leaders report) to identify your starting point for making a significant impact in 2024.
And for you, what would make a lasting difference rather than a temporary one?
Be bold. Write the question down. Share it with someone you trust. Ask this question to a colleague. Or try it during your next mentoring session.
This question is designed to help you envision the future, one step at a time. You can find this question in the Self-Coaching Starter Kit – from Objective to Decision. The kit equips you with a tangible coaching cycle to find solutions and to move forward. It is now available on our website.